THE HAUNTING BEGINS OCT. 19
Do you like scary movies? We sure do.
Spooky season is our favorite time of year, and it’s coming to Call of Duty. The Haunting Event begins at 10AM PT today with new Halloween-themed content in Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone™ through November 2nd. Take on 18 challenges to unlock new seasonal rewards, and complete a full set of challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone to unlock the LAPA SMG.
Here’s what’s coming to Black Ops Cold War,starting at 10AM PT:
- The Haunting Event (Oct. 19 – Nov. 2)
- New Event Reward Weapon: LAPA SMG
- New Limited-Time Bundles: Scream & Donnie Darko
- New Halloween Bundles: Ghost of War, Necro Queen, Disciple of Mayhem
- + More in-season, including the Hammer & Sickle Melee weapon
- New Map: Nuketown Halloween
- New Modes: Scream Deathmatch, Infected, Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt
- New Feature: Scare Packages
- Multiplayer Event Challenges & Rewards
- Halloween Updates: Jack O’Lantern Drops, Pumpkin Heads, Scare Packages, and Spooky Soundtrack
- New Mode: Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak Survival added to Private and Solo
- Zombies Event Challenges & Rewards
Get the details on all the new content coming during The Haunting at the Call of Duty Blog, and check out the patch notes below for everything new since our last update, including a fresh round of stability improvements and bug fixes in Zombies.
We’re delivering new seasonal MP content during The Haunting, including the new Nuketown Halloween map decorated with plenty of tricks and treats to discover. The Nuketown Halloween dedicated playlist will be live throughout the event, along with three new modes.
We’re just dying for everyone to jump into Scream Deathmatch, where two players become masked killers chasing after the screams of their prey. Infected comes to Black Ops Cold War with new twists: it’s 18-player Zombies vs. Survivors mayhem, where Survivors now earn bonuses with each Zombie they kill. And Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt delivers a creepy new collection of props to hunt in Nuketown Halloween, including gravestones, skulls, witch hats, coffins, spiders, and more.
Don’t forget to update your Scorestreak selection and call in some Scare Packages for a surprise!
The Zombies team is scaring up lots of new Halloween updates in all round-based maps, Outbreak, and Onslaught modes during The Haunting, including one of our most intense Zombies modes to date!
Watch for the new Jack O’Lantern item drop for a chance to pick up Wonder Weapons, Support Weapons, Ammo Mods, Chalices, Aether Tools, and high-level Armor. Scare Packages containing high-value rewards will now spawn every five rounds and in every Outbreak Region. Zombies with pumpkin heads have arrived, offering Essence bonuses to players who shoot them off… and the audio team has cooked up a hair-raising new soundtrack to get you into the spirit.
If you’re searching for a devilish new challenge, look no further than Hallows’ Eve Outbreak. This new mode drops players into the Outbreak Zone with one mission: survive for 10 minutes against increasingly aggressive waves of zombies in a single Region before Exfil begins. At first, the difficulty seems manageable… and then everything goes to hell very quickly.
The challenge ramps up every two minutes, zombie spawns are constantly pushed to the max, and enemies are always aware of your position. If you’re skilled enough to survive all 10 minutes, the Exfil point will appear at the location farthest from your squad.
Good luck… you’re going to need it.
“GHOST OF WAR” VANGUARD PRE-ORDER BONUS
Ready to get even spookier? Digitally pre-order Call of Duty: Vanguard and get the “Ghost of War” Ultra Skin in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone for a limited time, starting Oct. 22nd. Already pre-ordered? This new Operator Skin will automatically be added to your inventory on Friday.
Here’s what to expect when The Haunting begins at 10AM PT:
- The Haunting
- The Haunting Event live from October 19th to November 2nd in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- Complete event challenges in both games to unlock new in-game rewards, including the new LAPA SMG.
- New SMG available via event challenges.
- Complete a full set of 9 challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone during The Haunting Event to unlock the LAPA.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Special Halloween version of Nuketown ‘84 added to Multiplayer rotation during The Haunting Event.
- Scream Deathmatch
- Scream Deathmatch added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists.
- Two random players will become Ghostface and must eliminate all Survivors.
- Survivors will have no weapons and must run and hide from the killers.
- Survivors will periodically scream throughout the match, giving away their position and forcing them to stay on the move.
- The match ends when the killers have killed all Survivors, or when a final Survivor rises up to defeat the killers.
- Infected added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists. Supports up to 18 players.
- Zombies attempt to kill the Survivors to add them to the undead team.
- The remaining Survivors win if they beat the clock, or the Zombies win if they turn every Survivor.
- Survivors will earn a bonus with each Zombie they kill:
- Bonus to reload speed
- Bonus to ADS speed
- Bonus to movement speed
- Bonus to slide speed
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt added to Party Games and Nuketown Halloween Featured Playlists.
- New Halloween-themed props include skulls, jack-o’-lanterns, spiders, and more on the Nuketown Halloween map.
- Call in Halloween-themed Care Packages for some tricks and treats. 🙂
- Nuketown Halloween
- Nuketown Halloween added to Featured Playlists.
- Includes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt. Mode voting enabled.
- Nuketown Halloween [NEW] (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Scream Deathmatch [NEW]
- Infected [NEW]
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Jack O’Lantern Drops
- Zombies have a chance to drop the new Jack O’Lantern item for additional rewards, including Wonder Weapons, Support Weapons, Ammo Mods, Chalices, Aether Tools, and high-level Armor.
- Scare Packages
- During The Haunting Event, Scare Packages containing high-value rewards will spawn every five rounds in round-based maps, and in every Outbreak Region.
- Pumpkin Heads
- Zombies with pumpkin heads will appear in all modes. These weak points have low health and can be shot off for Essence bonuses.
- Spooky Soundtrack
- Added new Halloween in-game music during The Haunting.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- New Outbreak mode available during The Haunting.
- Players must survive against increasingly aggressive hordes in a single Region for 10 minutes before Exfil begins.
- Difficulty ramps up every 2 minutes, and zombie spawns are constantly at maximum. Zombies are always aware of the squad’s location.
- The Orda battle is the only available World Event.
- After 10 minutes, Exfil will begin at the location farthest from the squad.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak Survival
- Outbreak Survival mode now available in Private and Solo matches.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to become invisible while playing an arcade game.
- Addressed several erroneous out of bounds warnings within legitimate play spaces.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to be erroneously teleported while in the Observation Tower space.
- Addressed an issue that caused the arcade activation prompts to appear when already occupied or during Exfil.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to receive the previous rewards when restarting the Der Eisendrache pinball game but not participating.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to not retain Support items acquired during the Der Eisendrache pinball game.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to become stuck on the Main Street bridge.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to use the Special enemy icon on the mini-map instead of the Elite enemy icon.
- Addressed a rare issue that could caused the Abomination to be moved nearby after a charge attack.
- Addressed an issue that could cause zombies to not visibly disintegrate properly when hit with the Abomination’s Beam Attack.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Abomination from being able to destroy respawned Aetherium crystals.
- Addressed an issue that could allow the Disciple to follow players into arcade mini-games.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue that prevented ammo from being granted when Pack-a-Punching the Chrysalax to Tier II or III.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused Ammo Caches to disappear during the later steps of the Main Quest.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to be granted 1,000 Essence instead of 500 when starting a new match.
- Closed various exploit areas where players could not be reached by enemies.
- Closed various exploits related to the use of PhD Slider or the Sai Melee weapon to slide to unintended areas.
- Added stability fixes related to the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Added stability fixes related to the Pizza Delivery side quest in “Forsaken.”
- Added a stability fix related to the Aetherium Neutralizer in the “Forsaken” Main Quest.
- Added a stability fix related to the Main Quest debris barricade in “Forsaken.”
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Added a stability fix related to the ARC-XD Support Weapon.
- Added a stability fix related to Duel Wield weapons with Ammo Mods.
- Added a stability fix for a crash that could occur when a player was downed.
- Addressed an issue that caused a non-functional Tombstone Stash to spawn when dying without the Perk after having had the Perk during a previous life.
- Closed some invincibility exploits related to use of the ARC-XD.
- Addressed an issue that caused incorrect ammo to be granted to the D.E.A.D. Joltsurge Wonder weapon when receiving the Max Ammo power-up.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak [NEW]
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)